POLICE have seized 42 phones during a raid on a home in Moree as part of a probe into a Sydney murder.
Homicide detectives got a breakthrough in the case last week, swarming a house in Mehi Crescent in Moree late on Friday.
Officers scoured the house and uncovered 42 mobiles, as well as other items of interest that are "relevant" to the investigation, police said.
The phones were seized and will undergo forensic examination.
The state's homicide squad are looking at any possible Moree connections in the investigation into the bashing death of 42-year-old Vergel Velasquez.
He died in a Sydney hospital a day after being found with severe head injuries in a stairwell of a Girraween unit block on December 30.
As part of the murder probe, on April 27, police seized a getaway car in Moree.
The homicide squad tracked the white Holden station wagon to the town before it was seized for forensic testing.
At the time, police said the owner of the car, a 49-year-old man, is "assisting police with inquiries", but no charges have since been laid.
Officers released CCTV vision of six men and made a public appeal for information last week, that ultimately culminated in the Moree raid late on Friday.
The latest search warrant followed raids at units in Granville in Sydney.
Strike Force Brallo has been piecing together the murder, and as investigations into the death of Mr Velasquez continue, police are continuing to appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
"Mr Velasquez was an innocent victim in this attack - he was left with injuries so severe that he sadly lost his life 24 hours later, on what should have been a day of celebration being New Year's Eve," Homicide Squad Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty said last week.