A TAMWORTH man has been charged in connection to the city's 'ice castle' probe, accused of supplying more than $80,000 worth of ice and shooting a car.
Luke Anthony Downs is already behind bars on charges connected to an arrest in West Tamworth on February 13, and now police will allege he was one of the main men involved in the 'ice castle' drug supply ring.
He appeared via video link in Tamworth Local Court on Wednesday where the court heard 13 new offences had been laid against him. It comes after a visit by Oxley detectives behind the Strike Force Radius investigation.
Detectives will allege in court the 28-year-old supplied almost 170g of methylamphetamine, or ice, with an estimated street value of $84,000.
Police will allege Downs was an "upper-level" supplier and "also involved in the unlawful possession and use of firearms".
It's the police case Downs "controlled a network of lower-level suppliers" and actively participated in the group, directing activities of the alleged ring; and allegedly recruited persons to engage in criminal activity between September last year, and February this year, when he was arrested on the initial charges.
Between December 31 and January 1, he's also accused of using a carriage service to threaten to kill and making threats against a couple in Tamworth; intimidation; breaching a firearm prohibition order by acquiring and using a shotgun; and causing danger with a firearm, along with unauthorised possession of a firearm.
As part of the firearms order, Downs is prohibited from obtaining a firearm, firearm parts or ammunition.
He's accused of arming himself with a shotgun and shooting a car parked in Goonoo Goonoo Road in the early hours of January 1.
The lime green Holden Commodore was later seized during a search warrant at a Quirindi home on January 24.
Police will allege the motive for the shooting was a drug debt and a dispute over a stolen mobile phone.
As part of the 19 charges levelled against Downs, he's accused of possessing $2410 in cash in his wallet, which police claim is the proceeds of crime.
Police allege he was also in possession of 16 12-gauge shotgun shells. He's also accused of supplying fentanyl, possessing methylamphetamine and Buprenorphine.
Downs, who is the subject of a firearms prohibition order, is alleged to have both acquired ammunition in contravention of the order, and possessed it when he was arrested on February 13.
In court on Wednesday, agent solicitor Geoffrey Archer said Downs' solicitor had "instructed [him] to seek an adjournment" of eight weeks to consider the new charges, "so the normal course could be followed".
"On Monday, 8th July, [several] new charges were offered against Mr Downs ... I'm instructed to seek an adjournment and brief orders," he said.
Downs was yet to enter pleas to the initial charges, but DPP solicitor Andrew Baker said the case against him had been confirmed.
"We've already charge certified sequences one to six," he said.
"We'll be in contact with the OIC [officer-in-charge] ... to try and have the [new] charges certified on the next occasion."
Magistrate Roger Prowse ordered police to compile the brief of evidence and adjourned the case to September.
"There not being an application for bail, it's refused," he said.
Several men and women remain before the court on serious drug supply and firearm dealing charges.
Police have confirmed Strike Force Radius investigations continue.