THE teenager charged after being found under a bed by police in a major search will remain in custody.
The 15-year-old, who was wanted on three outstanding arrest warrants, was denied in his bid for release in Tamworth Children's Court on Tuesday morning, just a day after his arrest in a co-ordinated police operation in West Tamworth.
The teen fronted court on 16 charges including break-and-enter with intent, entering a building with intent, trespassing, larceny, two counts of aggravated break-and-enter, two counts of travelling in a stolen car, and three counts of fraud.
The offences allegedly occurred in Tamworth, including some last week.
He did not enter pleas to the new charges or the warrants for charges of destroying or damaging property, intimidation, breaching bail, break-and-enter with intent, and trespassing.
Magistrate Julie Soars granted a short adjournment, with pleas to be entered in early June.
The operation to arrest the teen involved a large-scale search in Tamworth using police from the Target Action Group (TAG), general duties, detectives and highway patrol.
The arrest was part of Operation Southbreak, an ongoing investigation by Oxley police into break-and-enters and property crime in the South and West Tamworth areas.
A 15-YEAR-OLD boy has been arrested after he was found hiding under a bed during a major police operation in West Tamworth.
The teenager is accused of a raft of property crime offences and police said he was the "target" of Monday's police sting.
Officers pounced mid-morning, arresting the 15-year-old who was wanted for aggravated break-and-enters in Tamworth, as recently as last week.
He was charged in relation to three outstanding warrants for his arrest, two aggravated break-ins, two charges of being carried in a stolen car, three fraud offences and one of stealing.
Oxley Detective Acting Inspector Jason Darcy said the suspect was found "hiding under a bed in a house after an extensive search".
"The operation was led by the Target Action Group and involved general duties, detectives, and highway patrol police," he said.
"Residents would have noticed the large police presence in the area which is part of our ongoing Operation Southbreak investigation.
"We want to thank the community for their assistance because without their help this arrest wouldn't have been made."
The teen was refused bail by police to front court.