LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia has secured 25 million doses of the Moderna coronavirus vaccine from the United States, with the surprise deal also paving the way for local production of mRNA vaccines.
* Health Minister Greg Hunt said he expects at least one mRNA vaccine to be made in Australia by next year.
* Victorian businesses flouting check-in rules for COVID-19 will face new on-the-spot fines after some visited by contacts of Melbourne's most recent virus case failed to use the QR code system.
* Some 137,000 of 800,000 half-price flights to boost tourism in regions struggling because of the coronavirus pandemic have been snapped up
* Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack hinted more half-price flights could soon become available.
* NSW has unveiled a plan to bring back international students by the start of semester two.
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the state is a long way off gaining the federal government's permission for the scheme.
* About 200 repatriated Australians are expected to start quarantine at Darwin's Howard Springs facility once the travel ban is lifted on May 15.
* The New Zealand government is concerned its already slow COVID-19 vaccination program could run aground in coming weeks, with shipping delays meaning they run out of doses.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There were 2,894,770 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Wednesday, including 82,284 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 1,881,509 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 56,569 in the previous 24 hours).
* 1,601,523 have been issued in primary care (+50,582) and 279,986 in aged and disability facilities (+5987).
* 1,013,261 have been administered by the states and territories, including 25,715 in the previous 24 hours.
* 290,864 have been administered in Victoria (+9363), 256,193 in NSW (+7552), 164,695 in Queensland (+2456), 122,069 in Western Australia (+2198), 75,237 in South Australia (+1848), 46,838 in Tasmania (+890), 36,283 in the ACT (+782) and 21,082 in the NT (+626).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported no new locally acquired virus cases on Thursday. There were six new overseas-acquired cases: five in NSW and one in Victoria.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 160,469,000
* Deaths: at least 3,331,000.
Data current as of 1800 AEST on May 13, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press