Drought has gripped the state hard and fast and farmers, rural businesses and the like are grappling with their newfound reality.
Namoi Valley Independent Journalist Billy Jupp caught up with Wallawong Premium Beef’s Kate James to discuss the severity of the situation and the impact it is having on stud producers.
Want to know how to help? Check out our list of what-to-do here.
He spoke to Mrs Kate at Wallwong’s 21st annual sale in Gunnedah.
Mrs James and her husband Lachlan, operate several cattle properties around the district and gave an overview of the impact the drought is having on their business.
Check out the first episode of The Big Dry Podcast here: The Big Dry a podcast about the drought
As this is the second episode of this podcast we’d love to know what you think or if you think there is someone we should talk to.
Please email email@example.com with your ideas/thoughts.
READ MORE ABOUT THE PEEL VALLEY DROUGHT
- Gunnedah Shire Council gives locals pool testing water to help battle drought
- Tambar Springs CWA branch to host morning tea to support drought stricken farmers
- Gunnedah Band Hall to host latest GRDC update on July 24
- Drought stories, help the aim of photographer Edwina Robertson's latest project
- Drought relief a priority for Gunnedah and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry