Samone Hall, Jonathan Nean to stand trial on Centre St, Quirindi robbery charges

TWO people charged in connection to an armed hold-up at a home will fight the charges at trial while another co-accused has had fresh charges laid against him.

Samone Hall, Jonathan Alex Nean, Kathy Ekert and Nicholas Allan Hampton were charged after an alleged robbery inside a Centre St home in Quirindi on September 11.

Police allege three people were armed with a knife and screwdriver and stole goods including cash and a Mitsubishi Lancer from the home. 

Officers allege the stolen Lancer was sighted five hours later on Goonoo Goonoo Rd, Tamworth, before a pursuit was initiated by police.

A short time later, two women and two men were arrested after the vehicle stopped at Currabubula.

Hampton's solicitor Stephen O'Reilly said his client had been charged with new offences.

"It's an application by the Crown for an adjournment which is supported," he told the court.

"There is a section 23 issue that needs to be investigated.

"There was some fresh charges laid [on Tuesday]."

Nean, who is being held in custody in Tamworth Correctional Centre, is facing charges of police pursuit, stealing a car and two charges of robbery armed with offensive weapon, after a third similar charge was dropped by prosecutors. 

He appeared via video link in Tamworth Local Court on Wednesday and elected to head straight to trial on all charges.

"You've waived your right to apply for a contested committal, consequently all the matters are committed for trial to the district court," Magistrate Roger Prowse told Nean.

"No problem, thank you," Nean replied.

Co-accused Hall, 36, appeared via video link from a Sydney women's prison where a fresh charge was laid and another dropped.

She was supported by family in court and waived her right to a committal hearing, instead electing to head straight to trial on charges including three counts of robbery and stealing a car.

"Being no application for bail, it's refused," Mr Prowse told Hall. 

"Excuse me sir, can I please say hello to my family please ... Love you too," she told the members seated in the back of the court.

Ekert, who was also in custody, had her matter adjourned, and was granted conditional bail to live in Rutherford and report daily to police until the case returns to court.

Ekert was granted conditional bail and had her case adjourned.