Jarome Luai says he has reservations about playing at this year's Rugby League World Cup for Samoa, as he considers staying at home with his pregnant partner.
Samoa shape as the biggest beneficiaries of Australia and New Zealand's withdrawals from the tournament, with several big-name stars eligible for the Pacific nation.
A decision on the fate of the World Cup is due at a meeting this week after a decision was pushed back at a Monday hook-up, where officials again labelled the withdrawals "hugely disappointing".
Luai had previously revealed he was looking to prioritise Samoa ahead of the Kangaroos, wanting to honour his family's heritage.
But even if the World Cup does go ahead this year, he is now uncertain if he will be involved after time spent in a Queensland hub due to COVID-19 restrictions in NSW.
"I'm not too sure (if I'll go), to be honest with you at the moment," Luai said.
"I've got a couple of off-field, things I need to attend to. My missus is pregnant and she's due around that time.
"As a father already, it's pretty important that I'm there for my partner and my kids so I've still go some things to worry about there.
"There's just a bit of bit of uncertainty there as well, we don't know the full details about it how long we're going to be away for.
"If we do go can we roam around like the rest of England. A lot of uncertainty there and a lot of questions to be asked."
Luai did, however, stress embattled Samoa coach Matt Parish's position would not form part of his decision, and he would play under him in normal circumstances.
Penrith coach Ivan Cleary expressed concerns over his players heading to the World Cup last week, claiming he would be uncomfortable with it.
It's understood players would be given some extra freedoms than they are entitled to in the NRL bubble, but still while in tough restrictions.
Two weeks would also need to be served in quarantine on return to Australia, but organisers had struck a deal for players to be able to train in a resort-like facility.
Potential Kangaroos Luai, Payne Haas, Junior Paulo, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Brian To'o and Josh Papalii are all eligible to represent for Samoa.
However, Haas was also far from committed when asked by AAP last weekend about his plans.
"We'll see what happens, we've still got six rounds left," Haas said.
"It's a pretty long year, the body is a bit busted up after Origin and stuff so we'll see what happens."
Meanwhile, South Sydney prop Tom Burgess insisted he still wants to play for England if the tournament does proceed, after pushing back his wedding to be available.
"It's been a bit disappointing mate, I'm not going to lie," Burgess said.
"Everyone is planning their whole lives around this and we're just getting told it's not going ahead and that sort of thing."
Australian Associated Press