THE number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Tamworth has dropped by one after a patient was taken off the city's list.
Health authorities have removed one previously confirmed case of COVID-19 from statistics for the Tamworth local government area (LGA), bringing the total case count back to 13.
NSW Health data previously showed one new case of coronavirus was confirmed in Tamworth over the weekend, bringing the city's tally to 14 patients.
In the latest update on Tuesday morning, NSW Health revised their figures down to show only 13 cases of the infection had been confirmed in the Tamworth LGA, as at 8pm on Monday.
This means the most most recent case of coronavirus recorded in the city was almost two weeks ago. A 58-year-old woman died of complications from the COVID-19 virus in Tamworth hospital on April 16.
Her positive test result was recorded on April 17.
The new revised figures confirms an anomaly discovered on Monday.
There was conflicting information from health authorities on Monday after Hunter New England Health (HNEH) told the Leader no new patients had been recorded in the local health district over the weekend, despite the apparent increase on the NSW Health site.
When the Leader questioned the discrepancy, a public health physician from HNEH said it could have been a "postcode error".
NSW Health is the lead agency who controls the public release of data of confirmed cases. HNEH has previously said the case count may change during the day as cases are investigated and reviewed.
When patients recover from the infection, they aren't removed from the list, but instead, they remain as a confirmed case in the LGA.
A new drive-through clinic is operating at Tamworth hospital this week to help health authorities conduct widespread testing in the city and map the spread of coronavirus in areas with relatively low rates of testing.
HNEH is encouraging anyone with even mild respiratory or flu-like symptoms to contact the clinic on 1800 881 568 and arrange a test.
In the latest 24-hour testing period to 8pm on Monday, no new patients were recorded in the HNEH district and only five new cases were confirmed across the state.
NSW Health information shows the HNEH district remains at a total of 280 cases, with 221 recovered.
HNEH said one COVID-19 patient is being cared for in a Hunter New England hospital, and 12 are receiving Hospital in the Home support.
NSW now has a total of 3009 cases, and 2243 patients have officially recovered.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.