The Willow Tree Inn is in the running to be named the 2018 Country Hotel of the Year at the AHA NSW Awards for Excellence.
Pubs from regional areas including the Central Coast, the Hunter and the Illawarra are also vying for the honour.
AHA NSW CEO John Whelan said hundreds of nominations were received.
“We had a record 630 nominations from right across NSW which really shows the quality of our hotels in regional areas,” he said.
“Pubs in regional and rural NSW really are the backbone of their communities and it is pleasing to see so many great country pubs nominated across a range of categories.
“I wish all finalists the best of luck and congratulate them on running terrific venues.”
The nominees for Hotel of the Year Country are:
- Armatree Hotel (Armatree)
- Commonwealth Hotel (Cooks Hill)
- Headlands Austinmer Beach (Austinmer)
- Nags Head Hotel (Adamstown)
- Shoal Bay Country Club (Shoal Bay)
- Silverton Hotel (Silverton)
- The Bayview Hotel (Woy Woy)
- The Bradford Hotel (Rutherford)
- The George Tavern (Greenhills)
- Toormina Hotel (Toormina)
- West Kempsey Hotel (West Kempsey)
- White Bull (Armidale)
- Willow Tree Inn (Willow Tree)
Other categories include Best Bush Pub and Best Traditional Bar to Best Chef, Best Burger, Best Hotel Accommodation and Best Live Music.
The winner will be announced at a gala award ceremony at The Star Event Centre in Sydney on Tuesday November 20.