THEY’RE more acquainted with throwing down the auction gavel, but real estate agents across the region have thrown down the gauntlet on a bloody challenge.
The Australian Red Cross Tamworth Blood Service has run its inaugural real estate blood donation challenge to determine which agents across Tamworth and Armidale are the most inclined to roll up their sleeves.
Red Cross Blood Service community relations officer Stuart Ward said the challenge encouraged businesses to donate blood to help save three lives with each donation.
It was the team at PRDnationwide Tamworth who claimed the title on Tuesday, with 34 donations of blood and plasma over the last three months.
PRDnationwide Tamworth donation coordinator Sarah Asbury said the challenge encouraged people to give back to the community.
“We wanted to win the cup, give back to the community and save three lives in the process,” Miss Asbury said of her team’s victory.
“If you haven’t donated blood yet, do it.”
- Roll up your sleeves to help save three lives
- O-Negative blood donors needed at Tamworth Red Cross
- Tamworth Regional Council takes out Red25 Councils Blood Donation Drive
- Tamworth Red Cross Blood Service issues call to action as donations drop during Country Music Festival
- Tamworth Regional Council calls for support in Red Cross blood drive