A man has been charged over the alleged abduction of a woman following a operation involving multiple police commands across NSW.
Police will allege a 36-year-old man took the 33-year-old woman against her will about 3.15am on Friday, October 6.
Detectives from Central Hunter, New England, Oxley and Orana local area commands, along with the Robbery & Serious Crime Squad and other units, launched inquiries into the incident.
Following an extensive search, the two were located at a property on Pinkett Road, Red Range, 30km east of Glen Innes, just after 5.30pm Saturday, October 7.
The woman has been taken to hospital suffering minor injuries.
The man was arrested and taken to Glen Innes Police Station where he was charged with eight offences:
• Take/detain person with intent to obtain advantage occasioning actual bodily harm
• Aggravated sexual assault – deprive liberty (DV);
• Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm (DV);
• Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (DV);
• Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously (two counts)
• Demand property with menaces with intent to steal, and
• Break, enter and steal.
The man was been refused bail and is due to appear before Armidale Local Court today.