MONDAY 5pm: Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds over the next several hours in northern parts of the state including Tamworth.
The Bureau of Meteorology says locations which may be affected include Baryulgil, Jackadgery, Copmanhurst, Nymboida, Dorrigo and Ebor.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Mid-North Coast, Hunter and North West Slopes and Plains districts. Locations which may be affected include Tamworth.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees. * Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 8pm.