DEPUTY Commissioner Karen Webb, who was named as the next police commissioner on Wednesday, said there is "no stone being (left) unturned" in the renewed search for missing boy William Tyrrell at Kendall.
The high intensity search, which has seen hundreds of NSW police officers descend on the small village south of Port Macquarie, got underway last week.
"Everyone knows about the William Tyrrell matter and we've got our best detectives up there," Ms Webb told Sydney radio 2GB on Thursday (November 25).
"Chief Inspector David Laidlaw is leading this with a number of other detectives, investigators and support staff.
"I'm confident this team will keep pursuing this until we get a result," Ms Webb said.
The wet weather this week meant the search had to be undertaken in difficult conditions, a NSW Police Spokesperson said.
Police divers visited the former home of William's foster grandmother on Benaroon Drive on Wednesday (November 24).
"We had the police divers up there on Wednesday going through septic tanks and water tanks," Ms Webb told 2GB.
"There's no stone being (left) unturned.
"It's a long laborious search and obviously the weather conditions up there at the moment are unfavourable. But police will pursue that, no matter what."
Police divers also entered a dam near the search site at Cobb and Co Rd/Batar Creek Rd, one kilometre from the home on Benaroon Drive where William disappeared seven years ago, on Thursday as part of the search.
A number of pieces of potential evidence have also been uncovered this week at the same search site. One piece of fabric was uncovered on Monday while a further three were discovered on Tuesday.
Over a dozen pieces of potential evidence have been found during the search so far. All of the items have been photographed, bagged and sent to the Forensic and Analytical Science Service (FASS) in Sydney for testing. It's not yet known whether these discoveries are of significance to the case.
"Many exhibits have been taken and will be examined, but that will take time," Ms Webb said.
"It's been seven years now and that's a long time but we're not going to give up."
With rain easing on Tuesday, NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) volunteers were able to assist police in clearing more of the search area at Cobb and Co Rd/Batar Creek Rd.
The creek near the search site has also been drained for a second time following a deluge of rain.
At this stage, police have made their way through approximately 20 per cent of the search area.
The search is expected to continue for at least another four weeks.
"We need to find William and get this resolved," Ms Webb said.