THERE have been no new local COVID-19 cases recorded in the 24 hours to 8pm last night, after more than 800 tests were carried out in Moree on Friday.
NSW recorded one new overseas-acquired case overnight, bringing the total number of cases in the state since the beginning of the pandemic to 5,423.
There was a strong turn-out for the second day of increased COVID-19 testing in Moree, and Hunter New England Health (HNEH) have thanked the community for continuing to come forward.
"After a great first day of testing in Moree, we had another positive turn-out yesterday which highlights the commitment of the local community to keep themselves and each other safe," HNE Chief Executive Michael DiRienzo said.
"On Friday we had much better weather and Moree Plains Shire Council were on-site at the hospital clinic to assist with traffic control, so everything ran very smoothly and we were able to test people as quickly and efficiently as possible."
The Moree hospital clinic will continue to operate for extended hours from 8am to 6pm, Saturday to Monday.
The Laverty Pathology drive through clinic, located at the Gateway Puma service station in Moree, will also operate from 9am to 3pm, Saturday to Monday, and the Pius X Aboriginal Medical Service will open from 9am to 5pm, Saturday to Monday.
With the long-weekend upon us, the community is asked to continue to come forward for testing, for even the mildest of COVID-19 symptoms.
Symptoms can include fever, cough, breathing difficulties, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and fatigue.
NSW Health administered its highest-ever number of COVID-19 vaccines in one day on Friday, giving 16,288 jabs in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
Testing sites for the long weekend:
- Walk-in clinic with no booking needed
- Open daily from 8am and 6pm from Friday through to Monday
- No access from Alice Street
Pius X Aboriginal Corporation respiratory clinic
- Located on Anne Street
- Bookings required
- Open from 8:30am to 4:30pm from Friday through to Monday
Drive-through at Moree Gateway
- Drive-through service with no bookings required
- Open from 9am to 3pm on Friday and Saturday, but could be extended if needed
- Located on Blueberry Road off the Newell Highway
Tamworth drive-through clinic at Plain Street carpark
- Drive-through service with no booking required
- Open on weekdays between 7:45am and 3pm
- Open on Saturday between 7:45am and 12pm
- Closed on Monday, June 14 for the long weekend
Coonabarabran Coles Express on John Street
- Thursday, June 3, 11am-12pm
Gwydir Thermal Pools Motel & Caravan Park at 4 Amaroo Drive
- Thursday, June 3, from 1:45pm onwards
- All day Friday, June 4
- Saturday, June 5, at 7:30am
Cafe Omega at 145 Balo Street
- Thursday, June 3, from 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- Friday, June 4, from 7am to 9:30am
- Friday, June 4, from 11:50am to 2pm
Amaroo Tavern at Amaroo Drive
- Friday, June 4, from 4:30pm to 11pm
Moree Woolworths supermarket on Balo Street
- Thursday, June 3, from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
Moree Assef's clothing store on Balo Street
- Thursday, June 3, 3pm-3:30pm