He cemented his status with a brilliant debut season but there was something missing from Harry Wilson's highlight reel.
For all his dominance in the No.8 for the Queensland Reds and then the Wallabies, the Rugby Australia rookie of the year had no trophy to show for it.
The 21-year-old Gunnedah export is keen to remedy that in 2021, adamant valuable lessons were learnt during the Reds' Super Rugby AU grand-final loss to the Brumbies and the Wallabies' mixed Tri-Nations campaign.
"The No.1 goal this year is to get some silverware for the Reds," Wilson said at the unveiling of national air charter operator Alliance Airlines as a new sponsor on Wednesday.
"Last year I achieved a fair few personal goals, but didn't end up with any trophies.
"And I'm excited because I know we have a team that can do it."
Coach Brad Thorn boasts arguably the most exciting squad in Australia this season for a domestic competition that will be broadcast live on free-to-air television for the first time on Nine, as well as through streaming service Stan.
Wilson, Fraser McReight, Tate McDermott, Filipo Daugunu, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, James O'Connor, Taniela Tupou, Brandon Paenga Amosa, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto and Liam Wright were all part of Dave Rennie's Wallabies squad last season.
Melbourne Storm premiership winner Suliasi Vunivalu has switched codes too and already spent time in camp with the Wallabies before officially beginning at the Reds this week.
"Everyone's another year older and we learnt a lot from last year's grand final," Wilson said.
"That will help, as will new recruits like Suli - he'll add a lot to the team.
"He's one of the tallest and one of the quickest in the squad, so to have him on the wing will be very exciting."
Wilson and the Reds will be heading to Narrabri next month where they will play the Waratahs in a trial game as part of the Santos Festival of Rugby.
The Friday night fixture (February 5) will be the NSW side's only trial after the pre-season clash with the Brumbies in Bowral the previous week was cancelled as part of the COVID-19 risk mitigation plan undertaken by the Super Rugby teams.
In conjunction with Rugby Australia, all five franchises have agreed to reduce the number of trial games.
Making the announcement about the Bowral game, NSW Waratahs CEO Paul Doorn said at this stage they are still planning to proceed with the Reds trial, but will "continue to monitor the situation closely and follow the health advice as we move closer".
Australian Associated Press