TWO remain on the run, after three others were charged in connection to a violent home invasion in South Tamworth earlier this week.
But police said those involved "are not cooperating" and they're still hunting for two offenders.
Oxley Detective Acting Inspector Jason Darcy said the three arrests were a breakthrough, as well as another tip-off.
"We've been given some positive information to help us bring these two before the courts and investigations are continuing," he said.
He said Saturday's home invasion was "targeted" and there was no cause for community alarm.
About 5.15am on Saturday, police said a gang of five men forced their way into a home on Jill Street and confronted the occupants.
Police said the men assaulted a 25-year-old man before he fled the house with his four-year-old child.
The group then assaulted two other occupants before leaving the scene, officers confirmed.
The 25-year-old man was taken to Tamworth hospital with minor injuries and has since been released.
A 19-year-old man, a 20-year-old man, and a 20-year-old woman were arrested in John Street at about 9.30am on Wednesday.
They were taken to Tamworth Police Station where they were each charged with aggravated break-and-enter.
All three were granted strict conditional bail to appear at Tamworth Local Court in February.