A STRIKE force has been setup and extra officers called in to police the Boggabilla township after five houses were targeted in a drive-by shooting.
New England's top cop, Superintendent Steve Laksa, has rubbished social media rumours the town will be put into lockdown in the wake of the shooting.
"This is a significant crime and the actions of these offenders are extremely dangerous," he said.
"Fortunately, no one was injured as a result of the reckless actions of these offenders".
On Monday morning, five homes in Merriwa, Yeoman and Racecourse Streets were hit by bullets in a targeted shooting.
Since then, extra police have been combing the streets patrolling and looking for any signs of who was behind the attacks.
Detectives have taken charge of the drive-by shooting but there's been no arrests or charges laid, police said on Wednesday.
"I wish to reassure the community that significant resources are being allocated to this incident and the arrest of these offenders," Superintendent Laksa said.
"We know Boggabilla is a good community and a community that does not deserve to be tarnished by the actions of these few."
Police are still calling for witnesses, or anyone who knows who was behind the shooting.
"Whilst our officers are doing everything they can to ensure swift arrests the rule of thumb is always that if you feel unsafe or unsure then do not hesitate to call a police officer," Superintendent Laksa said.