Lilies, daffodils, chrysanthemum and tulips are all poisonous to pets, but a lot of people aren't aware of exactly what can harm their furry friends.
South Tamworth's Greencross vets are aiming to make people aware of the dangerous beauties hidden in plain sight, as springtime blooms abound.
They are calling on Tamworth pet parents, who have adopted dogs and cats during lockdown, to be mindful of the hidden dangers some flowers and plants pose to pets.
Practice manager Jannine Miles said it's important for Tamworth residents to keep a close eye on pets, especially this season.
We have been having pets present with poisoning, things that cause stomach upsets.Jannine Miles
"We have been having pets present with poisoning, things that cause stomach upsets," she told the Leader.
Many are common springtime flowers and fruit trees found in backyards, home or parks, which have toxins or seeds harmful to dogs, cats, guinea pigs and rabbits.
Sometimes these allergies can be due to direct contact with the plant, while other times the plant's pollen can be inhaled, absorbed through the skin or eaten.
Cyclamen, Sago plum, azalea, oleander, English ivy, daffodils, yew, fruit seeds, macadamia nuts, wild mushroom, onion, garlic and grapes are all dangerous.
The lily is one of the most common cut flowers in bouquets, but is incredibly toxic to cats - even the pollen can cause kidney problems.
Others cause scratching, licking, chewing and rubbing at skin until fur loss and dermatitis develops. Diarrhoea or vomiting also indicate poisoning, so contact your vet immediately.
For the full list, click here.