A MAN who bound a woman up in her East Tamworth home and sexually assaulted her faces up to 20 years behind bars after admitting to the charges.
Anthony Raymond Taylor backflipped on his pleas and won't head to trial for several sexual assaults on the 54-year-old woman in February 2019.
Taylor, who has been behind bars since the days after the attacks, appeared in Tamworth District Court this week where he admitted to six crimes after negotiations between the Crown and defence.
It was the Crown case that the then 58-year-old bound and gagged a 54-year-old woman in her East Tamworth home on February 9, 2019, before he sexually assaulted her.
In front of Judge Warwick Hunt, Taylor pleaded guilty to three counts of having sexual intercourse without consent while depriving the victim of her liberty.
The maximum penalty for the offence is 20 years but it's expected Taylor will be given a discount for his early pleas ahead of trial.
He also admitted to an up-skirting offence between February 1 and 5, last year, where he engaged in a private act without her consent which is an offence aggravated by the fact he changed the "fabric of a building for the purpose of facilitating the commission of the offence".
It's a charge that carries a maximum of five years because it's aggravated.
Two other charges will be placed on a form to be dealt with at sentencing. They include filming a victim in a private act without consent for his own sexual gratification in aggravated circumstances on December 1, 2018; and sexually touching the victim without consent in February last year.
Taylor had been due to stand trial in February 2021 in Tamworth District Court, after several witnesses were unavailable for dates at the end of this year.
The trial - which had already been re-scheduled previously - was expected to run for at least seven to nine days.
Judge Hunt ordered a full sentence report to be prepared ahead of sentencing in court in November.
Taylor made no application for bail and it was formally refused.
It had been the Crown case that Taylor targeted the woman, trying to contact her multiple times after the 2019 assaults.
He was initially charged with 11 offences including aggravated sexual assault and depriving liberty, filming a person's private parts without consent and peeping or prying.
In August last year, Taylor pleaded not guilty and was committed for trial on six charges.
Strike Force Yulong was set up by the state's sex crimes squad and Oxley detectives to investigate the attack.
When officers homed in on him in the days after, they said they seized Taylor's phone, claiming they found videos of the woman, filmed outside her home without her knowledge.
A property in East Tamworth was raided as part of the investigation and several items of interest seized, police said at the time.
Taylor has been behind bars since his arrest in February last year.