POLICE claim they've uncovered the names of some of the men behind last week's violent home invasion where a man was bashed and beaten in the head.
Oxley detectives are still hunting 10 offenders who stormed the Lowes Creek Road property at Quipolly, near Quirindi.
The 49-year-old victim suffered a fractured eye socket in the attack and was flown to John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle for specialist treatment.
Police have made a breakthrough in the case - which they say has been hampered by some people who have been unwilling to come forward with information.
"We've been provided with some names of offenders," he said.
"We still believe there is people in the Quirindi area that are actively protecting these offenders.
"We need those people to come forward.
"But if they are actively protecting offenders, we will review any possibly legal case against them for hindering the investigation."
Police told the Leader last week the home invasion was a targeted attack. While Detective Darcy acknowledged there had been community alarm surrounding the violent break-in, he said public help was needed to stop the offenders.
"We would appeal for those community members to contact police and assist investigators with any information they might have relevant to this aggravated break-and-enter and the offenders involved," he said.
"Any piece of information, no matter how small, we urge the community to contact police."
Police have been told the intruders had their faces covered and stormed the property about 10pm on Wednesday, July 1.
The offenders also turned on two occupants - aged 20 and 25 - inside, but neither were hospitalised.
The gang of ten, who were packed into a ute, ransacked the house and fled.
Anyone who can help police on the identity of the men in the gang, or who saw the ute in the area, is urged to contact Oxley police on 6768 2999.