FIRE crews are urging locals to get their flue and chimneys checked after three housefires in the Tamworth area in just two days.
Firefighters have been called to blazes that have broken out in Kootingal, Duri and Appleby near Hallsville, on the edge of town, on Wednesday and Thursday.
Luckily, no one was injured in any of the fires and crews were able to stop them from spreading to the rest of the homes.
On Thursday night, Rural Fire Service (RFS) crews rushed to Walmar Road after a fire was sparked in the flue, with reports it had already spread to the roof.
"The call came through at 5.38pm and multiple brigades responded with Fire and Rescue," Tamworth RFS operational officer Matthew McKean said.
"Crews got there and managed to contain the fire to the flue and extinguish it and clean out the flue."
The emergency saw firefighters from Kootingal, Moore Creek and Tamworth brigades respond, along with Fire and Rescue NSW.
"Crews got there quick enough to stop [it spreading to the roof]," Mr McKean said.
It was the third "structure incident" for local brigades in two days.
A flue fire erupted at 3.40pm on Thursday at a home on Melrose Lane at Duri.
Three brigades plus the city's permanent firefighters responded and managed to knock down the fire before it did any serious damage.
At 6.30am on Wednesday, an electrical fire sparked a blaze on a benchtop at a house on Gidley-Appleby Road, near Hallsville.
The fire was extinguished before it could spread.
"We would urge them to ensure they check and clean their chimneys and flue at this time of year, when it is a bit colder," Mr McKean said.
"Residents should also remove clothes from around their fireplaces and any other items that are flammable, or could ignite."