Today marks some big changes to what we can do here in Tamworth.
We'll be able to see more friends than we've previously been able to and we'll even be able to go to the pub to grab a parmy and a schooner.
Well, if they decide to open and as long as we're all social distancing, of course.
"Don't assume that because you're out and about with people you know that you can relax on the social distancing," NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said on Thursday.
First off, here are the changes coming into effect from Friday May, 15:
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people
- Cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs can seat 10 patrons
- Up to 5 visitors to a household at any one time
- Weddings up to 10 guests
- Indoor funerals up to 20 mourners, outdoor funerals up to 30
- Religious gatherings/places of worship up to 10 worshippers
- Use of outdoor equipment with caution
- Outdoor pools open with restrictions
Now, we know not all businesses will be reopening but we've spoken to a string of places over the last week who will have their doors open.
Pubs and clubs wise, very few have decided to open while a number of cafes will open up to patrons after previously just doing takeaway and delivery.