Eddie and Barbara Whitham have described their arrival in Darwin for another two weeks of coronavirus quarantine as "a shock".
Mr Whitham said Australian evacuees from the cruise chip were promised "a modern facility with spacious accommodation".
"Instead we were taken to a mining camp with no facilities. Then to shock us further, we were told that couples were to be separate. Imagine [that], most of us are grandparents," he said.
"The promise by the Embassy and the Chief Medical Officer was not correct and that subjected us to lot of anger and frustration for his lack of care for us.
"Lack of honest information has plagued us all through both quarantine times."
Mr Whitham described the village as "rows of single accommodations" and said the rooms were about the third of the size of those on the cruise ship.
They didn't have access to TV or Wi-Fi until Tuesday and Mr Whitham said he doesn't head outside too often.
"The weather is very humid [but] we have air-conditioning so I do not venture out as there's nothing to see - just rows of huts and concrete foot paths," he said.
Space in the camp will open up when another group is released from quarantine but Mr Whitham is counting down the days until March 4 - the date when they should be able to come back to Tamworth.
The ordeal has taken its toll on Mrs Whitham who found it "very draining and severe on her health and well-being."
"I am ready to be home," Mr Whitham said.
"We have been cleared twice for not having the virus and we have adhered to the requirements twice which reassures us that we never had the virus and we were compliant with our nation's quarantine laws which we uphold."
Mr Whitham said throughout the whole ordeal, the staff - both at the Diamond Princess and the camp - had been fantastic to make the stay a lot more bearable.