Theres plenty of ways to get around Tamworth during TCMF this year.
You may love to trudge around the place or embrace the public transport on offer.
In case you were wondering what options were on the table, heres some of the best ways to get from gig to gig in Tamworth.
There are regular buses (with additional stops, keep an eye out for the temporary signs) which can get you from wherever you are staying to gigs around town.
Tamworth Buslines will again run the Tamworth Country Music Festival Express.
The service will run throughout the festival from January 17 until January 26.
Wristbands will be on sale for $10 per day, or $40 for the whole festival.
Pensioners can also take advantage of the $2.50 per day or $25 10-day red wristband.
Taxis will be up and running throughout the 10 days.
Call any of these numbers to catch a cab:
- Tamworth Taxi's phone: (02) 6766 1111
- 13CABS: 132 227
- Eco VIP (Corporate Travel/Taxi Service): 6762 0282
Taxi ranks can be found throughout the CBD on Brisbane Street, Marius Street and Peel Street.
Keep in mind that catching and Uber during TCMF will depend largely on how many drivers are on the road at any one time.
Itll be hot, so walking great distances probably isnt ideal but if youre a fan of using the Foot Ferrari you can reach most gigs in town within 10-15 minutes. Much of the walk through Peel Street is under the shade of the big verandahs and trees.
TRECC and AELEC are probably an hour or more from the CBD on foot.
The Imperial Hotel offers a courtesy bus for groups of six or more on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
The Pub Group which runs The Pub, Southgate Inn, Family Hotel and Longyard Hotel runs free shuttles to and from Pub Group hotels on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Wests Entertainment Group which runs West Tamworth League Club, Diggers and The Courts offers a bus service to local Tamworth motel guests.
The service is available to guests staying in any motel, hotel or holiday parks in the Tamworth area. The courtesy bus is available from 10am until late, seven days a week from Wests Entertainment Group venues only.
The Servies Group which runs The Tamworth Services Club, The North Tamworth Bowling Club and The Manilla Services Club has a courtesy bus running seven days a week.
Youre unlikely to strike a traffic jam, even with the extra people in town, but it can take a while to get around. And the parking might be a little light on.
Heres a list of places to park around the CBD.
- Griffin Avenue (112 bays - all day)
- Tamworth Community Centre car park - access from Peel or Darling Streets (219 bays - all day)
- Dowe Street beside the Tamworth Hotel bottle shop (29 bays - all day)
- Byrnes Avenue between Hill and Roderick Streets (93 bays - all day)
- Byrnes Avenue between Roderick and Murray Streets (28 bays - all day)
- Behind the NRMA office in Peel Street between White and Hill Streets (58 bays - free all day; some 2 hour free parking Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm)
- Gipps Street, over the footbridge on the western side of the Peel River, access via Ebsworth Street (201 bays - all day)
- Riverside beside the main Peel River bridge, with access off Bridge Street via Carter Street (142 bays - all day)
- No. 1 Oval off Kable Avenue (26 bays - all day)
Time-restricted free parking
- Tamworth Regional Playground Car Park (3hrs - 31 bays)
- Tamworth Community Centre Car Park (3hrs - 30 bays)
All-day ticketed off-street parking for $3 (or $1.20 an hour) is at:
- White Street carpark off Kable Avenue in Bicentennial Park (79 bays)
- Kable Avenue carpark on the south side of Ray Walsh House (36 bays)
- Country Women's Association/Hands of Fame car park, in Kable Avenue - (117 bays)
- Tamworth Town Hall car park, accessed from Fitzroy and Marius Streets - (68 bays)
Long Vehicle Parking
- Peel Street, located near the skate park, closest cross street is Darling Street.
- Solander Drive, off Gipps Street from the Goonoo Goonoo Road intersection, alongside the Peel River
There are also venues within a 20-minute drive of the CBD and those further afield such as Nundle and Manilla are going to take you up to an hour, so plan ahead.
Theres a handful of hire places in town with Thrifty, Hertz, Europcar, Avis and Budget all offering vehicles to hire.