A TURTLE and two Nobbi Dragons are recovering at Tamworth Veterinary Clinic after being saved from the Moonbi fire.
One of the vet clinic's long-term nurses is also a volunteer with the local Rural Fire Service, and found the cold-blooded cuties by the side of the road.
She dropped them off at Tamworth Veterinary Clinic, where nurse Dana Lautaimi treated them for smoke inhalation.
"We popped them on oxygen and gave them some care," Ms Lautaimi said.
"We had to put them in a little mask. Obviously we can't get them to open their mouth, so we put them in to the mask, so that way they can breath that oxygen in as best they can."
One of the Nobbi Dragons is "not looking too good", however the other two patients are looking much better.
Ms Lautaimi said once they have recovered and the fires have stopped, they'll be passed on to a carer and released.
"These are the first animals we've had brought in from these fires, but I think we will have a fair bit coming in," she said.
MORE FIRES COVERAGE