Spike in NSW gastro cases prompts warning from NSW government

By Hannah Higgins
Updated September 10 2019 - 11:35pm, first published 11:30pm
Gastro is often spread by direct contact with infected people and spreads easily if people haven't carefully washed their hands after using the toilet or before handling food.

The NSW government has issued a warning to parents after close to 100 childcare centres reported outbreaks of gastro in August alone.

Advertisement

Ad

Get the latest Tamworth news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.