A MAN has suffered significant burns to his face and body after falling into a fire near Inverell in the early hours of Thursday.
The 45-year-old man is in a stable condition in a Brisbane hospital after the accident at Tingha.
Three ambulance crews rushed to the Garnet Street property about 3am, after reports a man had fallen into a fire.
On arrival, they found the 45-year-old with significant burns to his forehead and chest.
An Ambulance NSW spokesperson said the patient was conscious and breathing at the time but the burns were significant.
The Westpac Rescue Helicopter was tasked from Tamworth with a critical care medical team on board and landed in a nearby football oval in Tingha.
Paramedics transported the patient to the chopper before he was flown to Royal Brisbane Hospital for specialist treatment.
The man was flown in a stable condition, the service confirmed.
During the early hours of this morning the Westpac #RescueHelicopter was called to #Tingha, south east of #Inverell, to assist a male who had suffered burns to his body. This photo was taken once the #aircrew had delivered the patient to the Royal #Brisbane Hospital. pic.twitter.com/KQSW3sl3vB— Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service (@WRHS_official) August 22, 2019
Meanwhile, detectives are investigating a suspicious blaze that ripped through a Jones Avenue home in Armidale earlier this week.
The fire took hold of the vacant house on Tuesday night before firefighters could douse the flames.
The suspicious blaze significantly damaged the house and is under investigation.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious in and around the Jones Street area on Tuesday night is urged to contact Armidale police on 6771 0699.
"Fire safety is important year round and residents need to remain vigilant," New England Detective Inspector Ann Joy said.
"It is a timely reminder that house fires can happen at any time of the year. Just like bush or grass fires, the key to surviving a house fire is being prepared.
"It's the law to have at least one working smoke alarm installed on every level of your home and residents should be mindful that smoke alarms can become outdated, most will not last ten years.
"If you don't recall when you last changed the batteries in your smoke alarms then now is the time to replace them."