SEVERAL people from the region have been put forward by an admirer or two and are now in the mix in the NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
The nominees from the New England North West region include people involved in health, cultural education, aged care and agriculture.
The winners will be announced at a presentation event on November 8.
The awards program is in its 13th year, with the aim of "encouraging, acknowledging, and rewarding the valuable contributions individuals, communities and businesses are making throughout regional [NSW] and the ACT".
The nominees from our region for this year are:
- Connecting Communities: Glenys Mulley, Armajun Aboriginal Health Service, Armidale; Kylie Falconer, GLENRAC, Glen Innes; Marie Hobson, Gunnedah and District Historical Society; Sharon Tibbs, Oxley Community Transport Services, Tamworth; Suzanne Turner, News on Wheels, Tamworth; Brett Hawkins, BEST Community Shed, Inverell; Rhonda Mason, Inverell; and Charles Lynch of Tamworth.
- Crown Land Manager Excellence: Kerry Thomson, Boggabri Showground Public Recreation Land; Thomas McInnes, Quirindi; Margaret Carson, Armidale Archery Reserve; and Barry Thomson, Boggabri.
- Agricultural Innovation: Amy Moss, Armidale; Tim Whan, Rain Agribusiness, Narrabri; Matt Gardner, AMPS Research, Tamworth; Gordon Williams, Uralla; Ben and Wendy Mayne, Texas Angus, Warialda.
- Employer Excellence in Aged Care: Joane Ciesiolka, Richardson House, Barraba; Sharon Tibbs, Oxley Community Transport Services, Tamworth.
- Customer Service: Kerry Cassells, Moree; Linda Maidens, Moree; Logistics Health, Narrabri; Sharon Tibbs, Oxley Community Transport Services, Tamworth.
- Leadership: Deborah Hunter, Armidale; Courtney Seach, Curlewis; Len Waters, Len Waters Culture Tours, Tamworth; Shanna Whan, Narrabri.
- Small Business Achievement: Methuen Morgan, Meralli Solar, Armidale; Pinnacle People Solutions, Armidale; Ashley Watt, Why Leave Town Promotions, Narrabri; Meredith Chapman, Logistics Health - Safety In Focus, Narrabri