A ROSTERING issue resulted in two trainee doctors being removed from the obstetrics ward at Tamworth hospital over concerns about their workload.
But the local health district's executives say it was only a temporary issue which has been resolved.
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) withdrew two of its doctors training at Tamworth hospital "while long term coverage was secured".
Hunter New England Health regional services director Susan Heyman said the issues had been addressed and Tamworth's hospital had not lost its training accreditation.
"RANZCOG did withdraw two trainees for seven days while long-term coverage was secured however this has been addressed," Ms Heyman said in written statement.
"Pleasingly we have been able to recruit another registrar to our obstetrics and gynaecology service.
"They are due to start in early August.
"In the meantime we are using locum doctors, with a long-term registrar also secured from Monday this week."
An article originally published in the Sydney Morning Herald reported the withdrawal was triggered by concerns over unsafe shift work, overtime and on-call hours and compounded "high risk" patients and staffing shortages.
"We have a dedicated team of doctors who continue to provide a high quality obstetrics and gynaecology services to the women of Tamworth," Ms Heyman said.
"Hunter New England Local Health District works with all relevant colleges to ensure we are providing a safe working environment for staff and excellent care for our patients."
The NSW Australian Medical Association and RANZCOG have been contacted for comment.