On Saturday, March 23, residents of the Tamworth electorate will join millions of others across the state in heading to the polls for the NSW election.
Six names will appear on the ballot paper. Each one seeking to be chosen to represent the people of the region in the next NSW Parliament.
In order to best inform the city's voters and this masthead's readers, The Northern Daily Leader invited all candidates to complete personal profiles, and provide comprehensive answers to a series of questions about the issues that matter most to the Tamworth electorate's citizens.
What are their key election promises? What are their plans for Tamworth's long-term water security? How do they plan to improve the electorate's health services?
The answers to these questions, and about other local issues which may inform your vote when you head to the polls, are in the links below.
- Mark Rodda: Independent candidate - Profile
- Tamworth MP Kevin Anderson: Nationals candidate - Profile
- Robin Gunning: The Greens candidate - Profile
- Stephen Mears: Country Labor Party candidate - Profile
- Emma Hall: Animal Justice Party - Profile
- Jeff Bacon: Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party candidate - Profile