A 20-year-old man charged on Tuesday with a murder in Scone will remain in custody over Christmas.
The accused man, Muswellbrook’s Jamie Cust, did not attend a court mention on Wednesday morning.
Solicitor Self Rumbewas appeared on behalf of Mr Cust at Muswellbrook Local Court. He did not make an application for bail during the morning’s proceedings.
The matter was adjourned to February 18 next year.
Court documents stated Mr Cust had been charged for the murder of Jesus Bebita.
Police allege the 41-year-old was killed between 3am and 4.15am on Tuesday, the same day Hunter Valley police say they found the man’s body in a house on Parker Street in Scone.
Mr Bebita is believed to have worked at an abattoir in the town.
Acting Superintendent Joanne Schultz spoke at a press conference on Tuesday.
Ms Schultz said the cause of the man’s death had not yet been determined, but she believed he was attacked with a weapon.
At court on Wednesday, police indicated they would be seeking the authority to conduct forensic tests on Mr Cust.
Presiding magistrate Andrew Eckhold said the application would be considered when the matter is resumed at the local courthouse on February 18, 2019.