A year of growth and improvement has seen Gunnedah Gymnastic Centre’s best and brightest take home perpetual trophies from the centre’s annual club championships.
The championships, spanning levels one through eight, saw 32 young gymnasts strut their stuff in hopes of finishing their year on a high.
Centre coach Lauren Robertson said the whole group had made a lot of progress in 2018.
“I think everyone involved has come along in leaps and bounds this year,” Robertson said.
“A lot of the girls have seen some new personal best performances and in terms of competition, have achieved some really exciting and excellent results.
“Those who did take home a perpetual trophy from the club championships should be very proud as it was really a reward for their efforts.”
Among the trophy winners were Rebecca Sams (Progress), Audrey Hannaford (Most Improved) and Daisy White (Grooming and Deportment).
However, it was Stella Robertson who rose to the top to take out the level five-six club championship, while Daisy White claimed the level three-four championship.
“Both of those girls had fantastic years,” Robertson said.
“Stella was able to take out first place in the level six competition and the perpetual trophy for achievement, meaning that in terms of competition, she achieved the most out of anyone at the centre.
“I think that really goes to show what a great year she’s had particularly with her performances at both the NSW country and state championships.
“Daisy also had a great year, the level four competition was very close with Daisy hanging on by 0.5 of a point to take home the win from Rhegan Jaeger, Clair Dowe and Macey Carlyon, who all finished equal second.
“All the girls had a fantastic year and should really be very proud of themselves.
“I look forward to what lies ahead for our centre in 2019.”
Full list of winners:
- Wendy Gillies perpetual trophy for attitude: Heidi White
- Perpetual trophy for grooming and deportment: Daisy White
- Perpetual trophy for progress: Rebecca Sams
- Perpetual trophy for most improved: Audrey Hannaford
- Hartley family perpetual trophy for achievement: Stella Robertson
- Kilpatrick family perpetual trophy for effort: Indiella Bryers
- Level three: first- Audrey Hannaford, second- Tahlia Smith, third- Mikayla Ferguson
- Level four: first- Daisy White, equal second- Rhegan Jaeger, Clair Dowe, Macey Carlyon, third- Heidi Tull
- Level five: first- Heidi White, second- Indiella Bryers
- Level six: first- Stella Robertson, second- Alice Edmunds
- Level seven: first- Emma Barnier
- Level five-six championship: Stella Robertson
- Level three-four championship: Daisy White
- Club co-captains awards: Emma Barnier and Daisy White