Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 45 mins
Ingredients for four
- 1 kg Desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 750g chicken mince
- 1½ tbs plain flour
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped + extra to serve
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat and gently boil for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain. Return to the pan and stir for a few seconds over low heat until very dry. Remove from heat. Add butter and mash and smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until softening. Increase heat to high, add chicken and cook, stirring until it is white. Sprinkle chicken with flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock and parsley. Cover and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 6-cup ovenproof dish. Spoon potato mash evenly over mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until potato is golden. Stand for a few minutes and serve.
For more recipes visit Sydney Markets