AN electrical fault is believed to have caused a car to be engulfed in flames on Saturday evening.
Gunnedah Fire and Rescue 314 crews were called to the scene on Conadilly Street at 5.30pm after calls a car had caught fire.
Police were also called to divert traffic while firefighters controlled the blaze.
Gunnedah Fire and Rescue Captain Dave Welch said it appeared the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
“Our crews were quick to get to the scene and extinguish the fire,” Captain Welch said.
“It looks as though the fire was ignited by an electrical fault within the car but that will be confirmed in the near future.”
Captain Welch said police and fire crews worked well together.
“Police were on hand to help control traffic while we worked to extinguish the fire,” he said.
“Once the fire was out we were able to move the car off the road.
“A big thanks to the police for their help throughout the call.
“I think this is a timely reminder for people to report any fires as quickly and with as much detail as possible to allow crews to deal with the fire as quickly as possible.”