The quick actions of Moree Plains Shire Council’s staff has saved the lives of two siblings caught inside a burning car.
Last week, Steve Moloney and Ashley Jarrett were on litter patrol along Racecourse Road, Boggabilla when they noticed smoke billowing from a nearby property.
Upon investigation, the pair found two unaccompanied toddlers inside the smouldering vehicle and pulled them free before the vehicle was engulfed by flames.
Boggabilla foreman Dan Crotty explained the staff saved the lives of the children and no one was injured.
“Steve and Ashley were in the right place, at the right time.
“Their investigation of the incident and swift action saved the children’s lives.
“The selfless bravery by our staff ensured these children were not harmed in any way. I am very proud of their actions,” said Mr Crotty.