Centre: Goodstart Varsity Lakes
Employment Type: Full-time - $33 to $44 per hour
Are you looking to work in an environment with like-minded professionals who are committed to making a difference in children’s lives and work for an organisation that will support you to succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As a teacher at Goodstart Varsity Lakes, you’ll inspire a love of learning in children and foster their development through purposeful, intentional teaching practices that are delivered with creativity and energy. You will build meaningful relationships with families, so each child has a strong sense of belonging that supports them to thrive. Your love of teaching will be reflected in how you mentor and guide educational practices in your room, and in your work with the broader centre leadership team to develop, review, and implement high-quality early learning programs, to ensure you’re achieving optimal outcomes for children.
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration - we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
- Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
- Approved bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or ACECQA approved equivalent
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Teachers’ registration (full and provisional), however we also welcome Teachers who are not currently registered
- First Aid qualification
How to apply
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.