Your new company
An opportunity has become available to join a reputable boutique property development firm on a casual basis as a senior town planner. With a range of medium sized projects in their portfolio, this is a fantastic opportunity for a senior planner to be involved in the coordination of planning reports and the pipelining of future developments across the Greater Sydney area.
Your new role
As a Senior town planner working on an ad-hoc basis, this role provides a fantastic opportunity to be directly involved in the pipelining of progressive rezoning projects and assisting with identifying new opportunities for development across the Sydney area. Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with identifying key areas for future projects and the development of property portfolio reviews based on objective findings.
- Work alongside senior company members on the acquisition of new sites
- Identify opportunities for land rezoning projects and preparation of reports based on assessment
- Preparation and lodgement of key planning proposals, statement of environmental effects and Development Assessments as required.
- Review and assess various precinct areas across the NSW area the potential benefits of further developments
- A strong focus on property development and the entrepreneurial space rather than the sole review of assessments.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must have a relevant tertiary qualification in Urban Planning as well as extensive NSW industry experience ideally with 5-10 years’ experience working as a Planner across the local government and private consultancy space.
- A comprehensive understanding of the professional planning space and rezoning policies with the ability to assess and identify potential new development opportunities
- A motivated and highly collaborative approach with demonstrated strong report writing skills.
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working hours working on a casual basis depending on requirements
- Opportunity to get further exposure across rezoning and property policy
- Competitive rates and progression opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Finola.Mcloughlin@hays.com.au or call Finola now on 0292492264.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within the planning space, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2601804