About the Company:
Six Degrees Executive have partnered with a leading retailer whose vision is centred around providing friendly service and high quality brands at compelling value. With an extensive footprint of stores and a strong online presence, they are committed to being one of Australia's favourite retailers.
About the role:
The Senior Performance Engineer plays an active role within the shared services team by planning and executing performance and non-functional tests to make sure the critical systems remains operational and perform within the defined performance budgets. This role acts as the gatekeeper for the system performance and health and contributes to the continuous testing and continuous improvement to make sure we are delivering quality products to the market with best customer experience.
- Gather non-functional requirements, design performance test strategy and plan, workload model, and business scenarios.
- Develop, document and review performance estimates and efforts for new features/production deployments.
- Build, maintain & execute performance test scripts, frameworks, and run-time environment.
- Work on various non-functional and performance testings like - Load, Stress, Volume, Spike, Scalability and Batch job testing.
- Develop plan, technical solutions for integrating performance testing into CI/CD Jenkins environment.
- Analyse the production usage and logs and creating the workload model for the peak trade season performance testing.
- Assist with capacity planning and suggesting the infrastructure size and capacity.
- Design, develop and maintain front-end performance testing and synthetic monitoring framework.
- Report results against agreed performance metrics, analyse the root-cause of the issues and work with the developers to fix the issues.
- Extensive experience in performance engineering space.
- Expert level scripting skills on various protocols using tools like Jmter and Loadrunner.
- Understanding of cloud/SaaS based load testing platforms like Octoperf or Blazemeter.
- Strong understanding of agile and experience with automated performance testing using CI/CD methodologies.
- Experience working in cloud-based infrastructure and applications, preferably AWS.
- Experience in performance testing at the component and E2E levels of the technology stack.
- Experience in the Front-end or client-side performance testing.
- Proven experience in analysing, evaluating and diagnosing technical problems and issues.
Exposure to Performance Engineering tools and programming languages required:
- Test Tools: JMeter, Octoperf, Loadrunner, Sitespeed.io
- Monitoring Tools: AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, AWS Cloud-watch, Grafana
- CI Tools: Jenkins, GitHub.
Culture and Benefits:
- Exposure to latest technology stacks
- Generous team member discount across all products
- Service Recognition and Inspirational People Awards
- Career growth and succession opportunities across the business.
To learn more, please apply today!