Covering a large and expanding state-wide property portfolio, this busy Government organisation require an expert in disabled access and operations for a large programme of upgrades to existing facilities as well as specialist design input for large new institutional buildings.
You will be primarily responsible for determining what needs to be provided and identify possible gaps in design policy and existing facilities. You will assist and support a program of innovative initiatives and considerations that comply with and compliment government policy and that will provide sustainable current and future inclusion solutions to ensure that disability considerations are an inherent part this organisation’s activities.
- Provide expert technical advice regarding accessibility and the built environment
- Undertake technical reviews of buildings against the requirements for Disability Standards to facilitate design process
- Liaise with project teams, attend meetings and provide verbal and written advice in regard to Disability Standards
- Support a range of projects by providing advice on disability standards to ensure facilities adequately cater for people with Disability
- Provide advice on inclusive design and accessibility to improve and update the Disability Standards
You must have a thorough understanding of the built environment as it relates to people with disability, BCA and relevant Australian Standards experience and knowledge. You will have relevant qualifications in building or construction related discipline, industry experience, or disability sector/Occupational Therapy. You will be adept at reading and reviewing architectural drawings and specifications and ideally have experience providing BCA and/or Fire engineering advice in previous roles with an understanding of Inclusive / Universal Design principals
Based in the CBD, this role is a contract position paying excellent rates of circa $700-800/day + Super. Duration is for an initial 6 month contract, very likely extended and is only open to candidates with full working rights in Australia.
Please apply on line using a Word CV
Paul Bulman 9249 2248
Ref No 2562536
LHS 297508 #2562536