Your new company
Join an educational institute as a Project Manager overseeing the delivery of refurbishments, upgrades, and fit outs for minor and Capital works. If you have a strong building and construction design, and project management background with exposure to community building projects, please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this new opportunity. Be a part of a supportive team!
Your new role
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Project delivery from feasibility through to completion of a variety of refurbishments for minor and Capital works on brownfield sites
- Ensuring project milestones are met, and that delivery, performance and financial targets are achieved
- Engaging and working collaboratively with the Projects team, managing internal stakeholders, external consultants, contractors and service providers
- Tracking workflow and coordinating with the project team regarding scheduled deadlines and provision of written reports whilst resolving issues related to architectural and design works
- Ensuring infrastructure/construction works are conducted in compliance with building construction standards, Occupational Health Safety and Environment and other relevant Statutory Authority requirements
- Updating or sketching plans utilising AutoCAD systems when required.
- Assisting in the development and submission of tenders, including research, analysis and development of commercially competitive tender proposals.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in Project Management, Building and Construction, Engineering, Architecture
- Competent AutoCAD experience plus the expertise to work with drawings.
- Extensive experience in contract management, supporting minor/capital works and building construction plus experience in working with external contractors
- Ability to develop tender proposals and business plans, and conduct risk assessments.
- Extensive experience with MS project, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with diverse stakeholders
- An eye for detail and analytical abilities
- Valid driver’s license and fully Covid vaccinated (a requirement for site visits)
What you'll get in return
Successful employment will present:
- An excellent salary package
- An exciting, varied role in the education sector
- Job stability for the new year
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV, or send directly to Natashia Thirumal at Natashia.Thirumal@hays.com.au. If this job does not quite match the position you are seeking, please contact us on 8616 8464 for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2596957