About Our Client
At Michael Page Recruitment we are experts in putting you first. Therefore, we have partnered exclusively with a leading civil infrastructure & building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors. With a strong focus on people, culture, and services our client has earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting high calibre employees, clients, and projects. A lot of companies will say this, but this is a family owned business- so their people come first. Our client is constantly upskilling and looking after their team to help see their very best in potential.
Due to a massive boom in the infrastructure space across TMR with government funding's being massive- multiple new project wins have occurred. Michael Page are now actively seeking a highly motivated Site Engineer with TMR experience and a passion for on-time and on-budget delivery to join our team during an exciting period of growth- to join our fantastic clients team.
- Implementing or creating innovative, cost-efficient construction methodologies and techniques.
- Producing construction programs for the project together with Supervisors and Superintendents.
- Continuous monitoring of program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time.
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, planning the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour, and subcontractors) and sourcing.
- Planning and implementing the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs.
- Working with Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decreases, and any additional scope of works to produce appropriate variation correspondence.
- Estimating and Pricing for construction works
- Monitoring day costs for activities and adjusting if unit costs are excessive.
- The preparation and analysis of the end-of-month project costs report with the Project Manager.
- Implementing environmental controls where the risk to the environment is serious enough to require monitoring.
The current projects are all over QLD, working on an extensions of the Bruce Highway and othe regional projects, with copious stages and upgrades.
Reporting to your Project Manager, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside a supportive and collaborative delivery team where you will be responsible for your assigned areas costs, daily and weekly project analysis, quality assurance, and weekly reporting.
You will be working on existing and newly awarded TMR projects, developing and delivering successful outcomes while maintaining strong customer relationships, contributing to the successful growth of a business with a strong pipeline of works on the books.
The Successful Applicant
To join our clients progressive team, you will need:
- A Civil Engineering degree.
- Min 3+ years' experience on TMR/RMS and civil infrastructure projects
- Have an understanding and experience of self-performing and sub-contract works
- A proven track record in HSE compliance and safety
- Be able to work as part of a team that is driven by success
- Possess excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and adaptable with a 'can do' attitude
- Willing to travel and work away from home on various projects throughout Queensland or NSW on varying rosters when required.
- Excellent references
You will need to have the right to work in Australia for this role.
If you want to join a tier 2/3 Civil Contractor that is growing and wants the same for you, we would like to talk with you now.
Submit your application in confidence including a cover letter outlining a summary of your experience and time spent working on any TMR/roads and civil infrastructure projects.
What's on Offer
- A fantastic remuneration package
- Great company culture
- Exciting Job Satisfaction
- Excellent Career progression and exposure to the upcoming flood of TMR infrastructure works across QLD.