- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunity
- FMCG (Fresh Food)
- Locate in Brisbane, Adelaide or Hobart
Our client is a vertically integrated food processing business with operations across Australia. They are a trusted partner with many of the major food retailers in Australia and are looking for a new Head of Procurement.
This is a challenging and vital role, requiring the development and implementation of the the strategic plan and management of the procurement and spend of this company nationally.
As well as substantial stakeholder communication internally and externally, the role includes responsibility for:
- Developing and maintaining category strategies and continuous improvement across all key metrics of quality, safety, service and cost
- Optimising end to end procurement processes, while supporting internal stakeholders and making informed decisions to achieve quality and DIFOT metrics
- Building and maintaining strong strategic relationships with suppliers who can deliver to required quality standards, specifications and service levels.
- Leading and managing strategic sourcing
- Strategic cost management including negotiation, contracts, risk and growth
- Developing enduring relationships with suppliers that provide mutual value and establish loyalty and commitment
- Compliance with all relevant legislation, company standards and best practice around quality, food safety, hygiene and GMP standards
- Manage and develop a high performing team
The Procurement Manager
At the conclusion of this search the successful candidate will most likely have:
- 8-10 years of procurement experience including team leadership
- Preferably, FMCG/Fresh Produce Experience
- Contract negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Experience in supplier diversity practices
- Relevant tertiary business qualifications - we'd love CIPS membership
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Strong people leadership capabilities
- Strong self management disciplines
- Exceptional communication skills
The role is rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package with commencement at the earliest opportunity.
If you are considering your next Procurement role where you will be deeply immersed in the business nationally, with long term growth and reward prospects, please submit your covering letter and CV as a single document using the application links on this site. If you use LinkedIn to apply, please make sure your settings allow delivery of your full profile.
Contact Andrew Thoseby on 0438 074 774 for an initial discussion - we'd prefer to have your CV in front of us when you call.