Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. As the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want, while celebrating our ability to give the shared experiences to audiences, the ones which connect us together. Living at the intersection of Australia’s best content, conversation and culture, Nine is where Australia connects.
Our business operates in the following four divisions: Australian Community Media, Printing and Stuff; Publishing (including, Metro Mastheads, Nine Digital and Events), Stan, and Television. Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain and Macquarie Media.
Pricing & Inventory Executive will uphold pricing strategies for all digital products within the Nine portfolio and be the primary contact for the National sales teams on all things pricing related.
- Be the go-to for sales teams and managers around pricing corridors, discounting, makegoods, negotiations and best practices
- Provide regular updates to the sales teams on pricing related opportunities
- Advise sales teams on digital proposals and recommendations, ensuring price integrity across all products and clients
- Assist with setting pricing strategy for Nine’s digital product portfolio using historical data analysis and competitive intelligence
- Adjust price guidance according to changes in business situations and/or product performance
- Revie discounting behaviours and trends across segment / products to understand factors that are driving behaviour
- Hands on involvement with Nine’s booking system in the form of approval workflows & product catalogue pricing
- Training sales staff on process and best practice including involvement in the onboarding process
- Creation and maintenance of bespoke and ongoing reports & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience of decision making based on data and analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Ability to influence at all levels within the business
- Genuine passion for digital advertising with a thirst to learn and improve
- Previous media experience highly regarded but not essential
Being part of our Nine Sales team means you will benefit from:
- Participating in our Sales Academy to further your skills in both digital and broadcast sales
- Our fun vibrant culture and large recognition program where we reward outstanding performance quarterly
- Being rewarded through our highly competitive commission structure