Your new company
A manufacturer within the food sector is looking for an experienced and motivated Mechanical Fitter to join their team in Canning Vale. Our client is one of it's leaders within the ANZ market and aims to provide the best quality and service to their clients and customers alike.
Your new role
AS a mechanical fitter you will be required to perform daily servicing, repairs and maintenance of plant and equipment as scheduled and planned by the Maintenance leadership team and the following:
- Actively participate in the teaming model, including but not limited to teaming meetings and fulfilling the functions or duties decided by the team on a rotational basis.
- Conduct overhauls, machining and repairs on machinery using sound engineering knowledge
- Estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods.
- Respond to any breakdowns within a timely manner, implement suitable solution to rectify the breakdown to minimise plant down time
- Use precision measurement tools and equipment to determine serviceability and accurate notation of results.
- Communicate and converse with production staff to be able to determine solution and timely rectification of breakdowns.
- Utilise Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), MEX, to document spares usage and log hours and record history of closed out work orders.
- Prepare cost estimates for repair of products including description of the problem, and/or expected serviceability.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Participate in workplace inspections and safe work observations.
- Perform minor electrical repairs and reset where necessary, given relevant electrical license is hold.
- Comply with all safety regulations and procedures, report all safety and environmental incidents.
- Take part in regular safety meetings
- General housekeeping duties within the workshop
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven ability to identify report and address risks and work safely in manufacturing/repair facility.
- Possession of engineering trade Qualification Certificate III in engineering – Mechanical trade or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to repair, machine, or fabricate large workpieces
- Sound communication skills including – concise verbal skills, the ability to write short technical reports and actively listen.
- Proactive and ability to work autonomously
- Adhere to all company policy, procedures and training regimes
- Possession of or commitment to obtaining High Risk Work Licences – Forklift, working at Heights tickets.
- Electrical restricted licence desirable
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach to work, whilst maintaining the highest standards of workplace health and safety and customer satisfaction
- Proven Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret detailed engineering drawings and documents
- Can-Do Attitude
What you'll get in return
- Work within a welcome and supportive environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Work a 4 day on 4 day off roster
- 12 hour working days
- Rotational shifts
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charlie Bolender on 08 9265 9100 or email through your CV to email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2646193