At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
About Orange Grove Care Community:
Located in the picturesque town of Orange, Orange Grove Care Community is a simply beautiful home located in a thriving hub of NSW Central West. Orange Grove Care Community Strives to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day. Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
About the role:
- Permanent Full-time role working Monday to Friday - work/life balance.
- Create your seasonal menu in consultation with residents in the home.
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program.
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers.
- Ensure detailed compliance with the food safety program.
- Oversee and manage the creation and delivery of meals and events.
- Create and deliver of outstanding food events.
- Full accountability for the food experience and hospitality operations in the home.
- Create hero moments for our customers.
***We are offering a generous bonus if you sign with us.***
If relocating to the Orange region for this role, you may be eligible for financial assistance related to removalist costs + rental assistance (if required).
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Excellent produce selection and rotation skills
- Outstanding budgeting and ordering skills
- Inspirational team leadership
- Completion of Certificate IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Food Safety Supervisory Certification
- 5 years’ experience as a Head Chef
What Opal can offer you:
- Opal Health Care’s annual Chefs Masterclass
- Leadership and Management Courses available
- Opportunity to work with in a group of experienced chefs who share a passion for creating food experiences that delight
- Opal’s food philosophy
- A customer centric work environment
- A competitive salary
- Health and wellness programs
- A work week that enables incredible work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: current COVID-19 & flu vaccinations will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal