Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. As the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want, while celebrating our ability to give the shared experiences to audiences, the ones which connect us together. Living at the intersection of Australia’s best content, conversation and culture, Nine is where Australia connects.
Our business operates in the following four divisions: Australian Community Media, Printing and Stuff; Publishing (including, Metro Mastheads, Nine Digital and Events), Stan, and Television. Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain and Macquarie Media.
The Commercial Contracts Manager will be responsible for the procurement and management of Nine’s Publishing range of customer-focused media content, data and service partnerships. The role acts as the central and key contact for vendor agreements. As a key member of the Digital Operations unit, the Commercial Contracts Manager works closely with Nine’s editorial teams and cross functionally to find and deliver content and services for the Nine audience across both print and digital publications and digital assets such as nine.com.au and 9Honey. Start date: 15 Feb 2021.
- Negotiate and establish business and commercial partnerships in line with business goals and objectives
- Source new suppliers and partners whilst successfully managing existing clients or deals
- Develop new pricing models, quotations, presentations and proposals in response to existing contract renewals and new opportunities
- Liaise with Product, Editorial and Commercial teams to build a data driven approach to finding insights and opportunities
- Lead negotiations with strategic partners and secure successful commercial outcomes
- Effectively and accurately forecast return on investment and manage to budget
- Encourage and build collaborative working relationships at all levels of the business
- Identify key stakeholders and working processes at the beginning of all initiatives ensuring regular communication at all times
- Develop systems and processes for more efficient contract renewals stakeholder engagement
- Implement new agreements as they are executed
- Manage the portfolio of agreements by maintaining an up-to-date register of Publishing contracts.
- Process invoice payments
- Implement, in conjunction with stakeholders, a centralised system for the daily management, renewal and approval of contracts
- 5+ years experience in a digital or publishing business development, sales or account management role
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing important clients
- Experience developing accurate ROI forecasts
- Experience actively monitoring industry and competitor trends
- A motivated self-starter with proven initiative who is driven to succeed
- Demonstrates vision, excellent judgement and ability to prioritise workload based on strategic and/or commercial opportunity
- Ability to assimilate and summarise complex technical and financial information and present it in a format that is engaging and easy to understand
- A likeable and effective communicator who is also able to negotiate authoritatively and successfully close the deal
Degree in Business/Commerce related discipline
In-depth understanding of the digital media industry
Passionate about technology in general and media in particular
Demonstrates creative flair when developing presentations and proposals
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes