Centre Cook | Goodstart Griffin
Goodstart is Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care. Founded with a vision for all Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life, as a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. We are entirely Australian owned employing over 15,000 people, and caring for over 71,000 children.
About our Centre:
- Newly constructed centre
- Located opposite Griffin State Primary School in a welcoming local community
- Brand New large Kitchen
- Children’s central dining hub connected to our commercial kitchen and servery
- Work Monday to Friday 8am-2pm
- Friendly and supportive team with large national head office support
- We pay highly competitive salaries above the national award rates
- Ongoing professional development and opportunities
- Employee benefits that range from childcare discounts, discounted travel, insurance, and technology
- Purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave
- Support the health and wellbeing of the children through planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Prepare meals to meet the needs of children with special dietary requirements and allergies
- Exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Order food supplies in consultation with the Centre Director
- Ensure safe and hygenic storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team
- Strong communication skills, reliable and punctual
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are committed to child safety. We believe children have the right to be safe, happy and empowered. Our commitment is underpinned by Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.