FRIENDS and family are still trying to come to grips with the shock loss of a ‘quiet’ but ‘caring’ 24-year-old who lost his life after being bitten by a snake.
On Thursday,The Leader revealed the man was trying to save his pet dog from the Eastern brown snake in the backyard of his Cole Road house in Tamworth, on Wednesday night, when he was bitten on the finger.
His family rushed him to Tamworth hospital, and despite administering anti-venom and resuscitation attempts, he died within an hour.
The Leader has chosen not to name the young man after requests for privacy from the family.
Friend Jasmine fought back tears as she remembered her mate who was teaching her how to drive, and who played cards together on Friday night.
“He was just a very easy going and kindhearted person,” she said on Friday.
He always put others before himself, always thinking of others.Friend Jasmine, 19
“He always put others before himself, always thinking of others.
“He was very talkative once you got him going, very easygoing, he laughed at anything.”
The 24-year-old volunteered in Tamworth with a government agency but his friends were rallying together on Friday night, as they had planned to before his death, but now it will be to remember the good times with him.
He did not deserve this, he was too good of a person.Friend Jasmine, 19
“He did not deserve this, he was too good of a person,” Jasmine said.
“He's touched a lot of people's hearts.”
Police are preparing a brief of evidence for the coroner.