WITH 11 gigs to his name at next year’s Tamworth Country Music Festival, Judah Kelly, surprisingly, describes his line-up as a “quiet one”.
The 2017 winner of The Voice is no stranger to the country music capital and was involved in 26 shows at this year’s event.
But this year’s festival will be different for the chart-climbing singer. He says he’s back with renewed confidence after taking out the national competition and now has more than two-million streams wordwide of his music.
Kelly recently released his new single When I Get Back Home taken from his number one debut album Count On Me.
“So far the response has been pretty positive. When we sat down to write it I had been away for two months and hadn’t been home or seen my family,” he said.
“I wrote it about being away. I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed and catch up with friends and do all the things I take for granted.”
Kelly says he’s living his dream creating music and the last year has been nothing short of “incredible.”
“Any day I’m creating music or doing something musical is living the dream,” he said.
“I think there’s a new confidence in my own ability, that was something I was lacking before.
“I just fell into session work and playing for other people and I got comfortable there – there is definitely a new confidence now.”
Kelly said he’s looking forward to heading back to Tamworth, meeting new people and catching up with old friends, too.
He’s no stranger to the country music scene and was a previous student at the CMAA Academy of Country Music.
“I love catching up with everyone, there are heaps of people I only see at Tamworth and other muso-friends you don’t see until festival,” he said.
“I can’t wait to start meeting people and hearing other people's stories.”
Judah Kelly gigs
- Saturday, January 20: The Albert Hotel, Saturday, January 20: West Leagues Club
- Sunday, January 21: Capitol Theatre
- Monday, January 22:The Pub - Songwriters In The Round
- Tuesday, January 23: Live and Loud Toyota Park
- Wednesday, January 24: Southgate Inn, Wednesday, January 24: West Leagues Club
- Thursday, January 25: Fanzone Stage, Thursday, January 25: Maton Showcase, West Leagues Club
- Friday, January 26: Moonshiners Bar, Friday, January 26: Toyota Stars Under The Stars.