OFF TRACK ENTERTAINMENT
THURSDAY: The National Motor Racing Museum Legendary Moments Dinner
Experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to listen to Nick Percat, Garry Rogers and John Goss of the Great Race as they relive some of their historical and most memorable moments on Mount Panorama. Be taken on a drive down memory lane, while listening to firsthand accounts of the driver's experiences with the mighty mount. As you sit back and enjoy a two course meal your breath will be taken away by the spectacular views, from Rydges top level, overlooking Mount Panorama in all its glory during the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
- Where: Rydges Mount Panorama
- Time: 6.30pm
- Cost: $75 – Tickets are now sold out.
FRIDAY: RCG Locksmiths V8 Ball
Join us for a night of entertainment including a beautiful 3 course meal, live entertainment and a charity auction. Proceeds raised go to the 2BS Lions Christmas Miracle Appeal and The Wig Library at Daffodil Cottage and Look Good Feel Better. Tickets are $95 per person. Enquiries and further info call Debbie on 0407 489 634.
- Where: Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre
- Time: 6:30pm for 7.00pm
- Cost: $95 per person
SATURDAY: Saturday Street Fair
The annual Great Race Festival Saturday Street Fair has something for everyone. Wander through the food and market stalls and enjoy great entertainment by local artists. There are plenty of activities for the kids including unforgettable $2 rides. There’s no better way to spend your Saturday than being part of this fun filled fair.
In celebration of the release of Disney-Pixar’s Cars 3, the Cars Pit Stop will be the ultimate racing destination for families of all ages at the Saturday Street Fair this year.
With activities for all ages, younger fans will be able to see the new-look Lightning McQueen. Plus, Mack the Transporter will be on show, creating the perfect backdrop for a family selfie!
- Where: Kings Parade (Russell Street)
- Time: 10am – 4pm
- Cost: Entry is FREE
ON TRACK ENTERTAINMENT
Legends: The heroes and legends of Australia’s greatest race will be immortalised at Mount Panorama with a permanent tribute to their achievements at one of the world’s most revered racing circuits.
Twelve of the greatest names in Australian motorsport will be inducted into ‘Legend’s Lane’ at this year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 with the walk of fame to be created by Supercars and Bathurst Regional Council.
Saturday, October 7:
- 10:45 – 11:30: Legends Signing Session
Sunday, October 8:
- 9:05 – 9:20: Drivers Parade
- 10:05 – 10:20: Legends Lap
- 10:30 – 11:00: Front of grid pre-race formalities
Defence force F-18 flyover and Roulettes: Always a crowd favourite, also look out for the F/A-18 Hornet performing an incredible low-level acrobatic display over the starting grid on Sunday.
- Sunday, between 10am and 10:30am
Autographs: Come along to the Supercars Paddock on Friday and Saturday for the opportunity to meet the drivers and grab an autograph
Virgin Australia Supercars Championship Drivers
- Supercars Paddock, behind team garages
- Friday 2:15pm – 2:45pm
- Saturday 12:15pm – 12:45pm
Dunlop Series Drivers
- Supercars Paddock, outside Dunlop garages
- Saturday 12:15 – 12:45pm
SATURDAY: Saturday Street Fair
- This event will require the closure of Russell Street and Church Street between William Street and George Street from 5.00am to 10.00pm Saturday 8 October.
- Temporary No Parking signage will be on both sides of the street and is to be in place by 4.00pm Friday, 7 October.
- The Saturday Street Fair will be held from 10.00am to 4.00pm on Saturday, 8 October, in King’s Parade (Russell Street) and the closure allows for set up and dismantling of a stage, rides and other activities. The activities within the CBD will also require a temporary Bus Zone to be created in George Street next to Machattie Park from 8.00am Monday, 3 October, to midnight Sunday, 9 October.
- Temporary relocation of the 33m Russell Street Taxi Rank to George Street (between Church and Russell Streets) taking up 9 angled car parking spaces from 5.00am to 10.00pm Saturday 8 October. The temporary Taxi Rank is to be of the same dimensions as the permanent rank.
WEDNESDAY-SUNDAY: Mount Panorama
- ‘No Stopping’ between Havannah Street and Charles Sturt University (CSU) main entrance both sides from Wednesday 5 to Monday 10 October 2016 inclusive.
- ‘No Stopping’ between CSU main entrance and Browning Street on the north western side from Saturday 8 to Monday 10 October 2016.
- ‘No Stopping’ between Panorama Avenue and College Road both sides from Wednesday 5 to Sunday 9 October 2016.
- No Stopping’ between College Road and Rocket Street on the north western side from Saturday 8 to Sunday 9 October 2016.
- Closure to west bound traffic at the intersection of Havannah Street from Friday 7 to Sunday 9 October 2016 inclusive.
- ‘No Parking’ between Havannah Street and College Road from Saturday 8 to Sunday 9 October 2016.
Temporary Bus Zones:
- Alpha Street (Tent City)
- Howick Street (Opposite Carrington Park)
- Lloyds Road 3x bus spaces (St Philomena’s School)
- Keppel Street (East of George Street)
- Gilmour Street (Outside Good Start Early Learning Kelso Day Care Centre)
- George Street (Bathurst Motor Inn)
- Elizabeth Street (Behind McDonalds Restaurant)
- Charlotte Street (Opposite Charlotte Apartments)
- Sydney Road (West of Littlebourne Street)
- Morrisset Street (West of Stewart Street)
- Boundary Road (Vietnam Veterans Park)
- Stewart Street (Quality Inn)
Extension of Existing Bus Zone Times:
Bathurst Buslines has also requested an extension of the existing bus zone times during the 2016 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 weekend:
- Howick Street (Bus Interchange)
- Rankin Street (Bathurst RSL Club)
- Piper Street (Panthers Leagues Club)
- Sydney Road (WesTrac)
- Kendall Avenue (Bathurst Showground)
- Stewart Street (Ben Chifley Motor Inn)
- Lloyds Road (St Philomena’s School)
The temporary bus zones include a temporary bus zone in Lloyds Road adjacent to and to the west of St Philomena’s School (96m in length) for 3 buses extending to the west to the existing children’s crossing; and a second temporary bus zone 40m to the west of the first temporary bus zone (60m in length) for 2 buses. These bus zones are proposed to operate from Thursday morning to Sunday night.